Want to go to Motion Notion with western Canada’s newest alternative culture periodical? Are you a DJ wanting to play to a massive audience at Alberta’s premiere psytrance and dubstep festival? Read on!
Last year, Hotbox Magazine covered the Drayton Valley-area Motion Notion festival for the first time in our short, short history. It was probably one of the best festivals of last summer and all of us couldn’t be more stoked for this year’s event, which promises to blow last year’s event out of the water, past the stratosphere and into low-earth orbit. And we want as many people as possible to come along for the ride.
We want Camp Hotbox to be ten times bigger than it was last year and be the best party at Motion Notion. Our goal is 20 people, though the more the merrier. If we achieve our goal, tickets will be substantially cheaper and we’ll have one of the sickest camps at the event. If you have not bought your ticket to Motion Notion (and want one at our specially-discounted rate of $126 for the ENTIRE weekend), please contact me IMMEDIATELY!
As well, this year groups have the option of setting up independent stage areas running autonomously from the main festival. These will play from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. each night, with the best stages winning free tickets to next year’s event. We seriously want to do this, but need musicians in order to fill time slots. Details are as follows:
- Play at one of western Canada’s sickest festivals!
- No limitation on genre or style of music.
- We’ll have limited equipment there, but please feel free to bring your own or approach us with special needs.
- We ask musicians plan for sets with a minimum run-time of one hour, though we’re more than willing to accommodate people wanting to play longer.
- Musicians playing longer than 1.5 hours may have a portion of their ticket price refunded, depending on the length of the set and the number of participating artists.
- All sets will be recorded and made available to the artists, with the option of releasing your mix for mass consumption on the Hotbox Network (or elsewhere!).
- We’ll also make sure to take some snazzy promotional photos while you play.
- If interested, CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY.
- Visual and performance artists are also welcome!
Regardless of whether you want to play at the stage or just be member of Camp Hotbox, we need to hear from you by Feb. 25 AT THE VERY LATEST. Ticket fees are due Feb. 27, 2010 and payable via PayPal. You’ll receive a receipt and your ticket in the mail.